My Travel Map

    15 Mar 2010

    The Lancet & HIV

    I have come across ‘The Lancet’ on the Imperial College London website. An Imperial-based research paper on HIV treatment published online in The Lancet  was voted a must-read research paper in 2009. The Lancet is one of the world’s most prestigious medical research magazines whose mission it is to gather and grow evidence that shows how the global medical community should combat burdens of diseases that span continents.

    The bespoken research paper entitled “Routine versus clinically driven laboratory monitoring of HIV antiretroviral therapy in Africa (DART): a randomised non-inferiority trial”, showed how thousands more people in Africa could be treated for HIV if routine lab tests which are very expensive were reduced to clinically necessary cases or even abandoned. The study was related to the Antiretroviral Therapy (ART), involving approximately 3,000 Africans in remote areas who had not had ART before. ART is basically necessary to keep the HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) at a low level, which keeps the immune system from further weakening. Ultimately, patient live with HIV without AIDS really breaking through. (Source of image: Wikipedia.org)

    The study found that ART can be delivered effectively without routine laboratory tests on toxic effects. Saving costs on expensive tests would free money for more actual ART treatments, reaching more patients. The DART study was funded by the UK Medical Research Council, the Rockefeller Foundation and the UK Department for International Development, and officials in politics and health organisation now hope that existing HIV policies and programmes incorporate the findings of the study since it has shown how simple, but effective measures can be undertaken and delivered by health workers in even remote areas of Africa. Primary care for HIV positive patients becomes a key issue, allowing them access to ART.

    4 comments:

    1. MY NAME IS MARIAM BAURICE FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERY BODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFeCTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 3 WEEKS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 MONTHS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..

      case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

      looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::

      Love Spells

      Luck, Money Spells

      Health, Well Being

      Protection, Healing

      Curses, Hex, Breakups

      NEW! Combo Spells

      High Priestess Spells

      Vampire Spells

      Authentic Voodoo Spells

      Custom, Other Spells

      Business spells

      Health/Healing spells

      Curse removal

      Job spells

      Healing from all kind of diseases

      Love binding

      Barrenness(need a child)

      Need love

      Lottery Spells

      Promotions

      Success

      Money rituals

      winning court case

      Divorce spells

      Low sperm count

      Infertility in women

      Breast enlargement/reduction

      Penis enlargement/reduction

      YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (spirituallighthealing101@live.com or (518) 303-6207) if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks to dr.ezomo for his good work I never believe that ALS has cure, I was ALS over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how
      dr.ezomo cure ALS and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
      that he cant cure ALS I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
      night luckily to me he replied me, but I dont believe him I thought it was
      a scam but I still hold on to see the work of Dr ezomo if he is saying the
      truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
      waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
      up and I went for HIV test I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
      grateful to God for using Dr ezomo to cure me, that is the reason why i
      decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
      Dr ezomo to you all around the world,contact him on his Email dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
      dr.ezomo for helping me at this young age if you need help contact,
      He can also cure so many sickness

      ReplyDelete
    3. Because of this it will be significantly better which you could suitable studies just before manufacturing. You'll be able to create significantly greater guide that way. sarms powder

      ReplyDelete
    4. The Great Dr.OLIHA Herbal medicine is a good or perfect cure remedy for HIV Virus, I was diagnose of HIV for almost 5 years, everyday i am always on research looking for a perfect way to get rid of this terrible disease as i always knew that what we need for our health is right here on earth though the scientist say there is know cure for this disease,on my search I saw some different testimony on how Dr. OLIHA has been able to cure HIV with is herbal medicine. I decided to contact this man, I contacted him and he guided me on how to purchase for the medicine. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. OLIHA herbal medicine, I’m very grateful to Dr. OLIHA, reach him now on (oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com ) or you can also call him on +2349038382931.
      Dr. OLIHA Also Cures:1. HIV/AIDS2. HERPES 1/23. CANCER4. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease)5. Hepatitis B6. chronic pancreatic7. Emphysema8. COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)9. Asthma10.Acute angle-closure Glaucoma11. Diabetes12.CHRONIC PANCREATIC13.CHLAMYDIA14.ZIKA VIRUS

      ReplyDelete